Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Carole Lombard Birthday Tag




Today would mark Carole Lombard's 101st birthday and to celebrate her special day, I'm going to do a little questionnaire that Harley over at Dreaming in Black and White made for the special occasion. If you would like to do the tag as well, go right ahead and join in. Anyone is welcome to join!


1.Favorite Carole Film
Ohh that's a toughie- I'll make it a tie for "My Man Godfrey"(1936) and "Nothing Sacred"(1937), with "Mr.and Mrs.Smith"(1941) in a close third. She's at her comedic genius in all three movies and every time I see her in the above two, I have tears rolling down my face. She is pure fun to watch!


2. Carole's career was cut tragically short in 1942. Though she worked with many amazing and talented actors, who would you have liked to see her with?

I know that this is going to sound like an obvious choice for me, but I would have loved to have Carole and Jeffrey Lynn together in a movie. They did a radio play together called "That Certain Woman" and I so could picture them as an opposites attract type of couple in a movie together. He being the bit more uptight one and she being the loose cannon. That would be a hilarious movie and I'm sure their chemistry would be hot! Lol!


3. Ok, so who was your favorite out of Carole's leading men?
Probably Robert Montgomery, the two work so well together and the both are so funny in "Mr. and Mrs.Smith".


4. Do you think Carole's relevant today? if so, why?


Yes!!!! Just like what Harley and Millie said, even when Carole was Queen back in her heyday in Hollywood, she was modern, new, and fresh. She was one of a kind, no one can ever be like her again!


5. Do you agree with contemporary views that someone like Cameron Diaz is the new Carole Lombard?
Not at all, Cameron lacks the same screwball wackiness that Carole was able to have. With Carole, not only could she portray the wacky character but with a switch, she could play drama with the same excellence, Cameron seems to be a better actress, when it comes to comedy.


6. On a scale of 1-10, how cool was Carole?
10!!!

3 comments:

Millie said...

Great answers! I agree on all points!

A said...

I adore Carole Lombard. Thanks so much for reminding me about her birthday. As to the comparison to Cameron Diaz - they are not even close to the same league. Carole was a comedic genius, but she was also elegant. I know about her sailor tongue, but she was sophistacated, and you can be funny without doing fart jokes and burping like Cameron.

Lolita of the Classics said...

I've given you the Kreativ Blogger award! Read more here! Love //Lolita