Sunday, March 21, 2010

365 Movies: The Body Disappears Review


The Body Disappears stars Jeffrey Lynn, Edward Everett Horton, Jane Wyman, and Willie Best in this 1941 film. On the eve of his wedding day, Peter De Haven III(Lynn) disappears..... literally! While trying out an experiment to bring the dead back to life, Professor Shotesbury(Horton) accidentally makes Peter invisible! A whole slew of craziness occurs for Peter but in the end, he finds out what truly matters to him. This is such a daffy and goofy movie that I just enjoyed it. I didn't take the film too seriously, which  wasn't meant to be serious and I had a great time watching it. The only downfall to it, is that Jeffrey is invisible 90% of the time, so you don't get to see his handsome face. Other than that, I thought it was quite a fun movie to watch.





Review for Tomorrow: Caged

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I recorded this the other day & didn't realize Jeffrey Lynn was in it! I'll have to watch it soon :D

Shame he's invisible though!!

Sally said...

This sounds totally wacky. Will have to check it out!