Wednesday, May 5, 2010

365 Movies: The 39 Steps Review


The 39 Steps stars Robert Donat and Madeleine Carroll in this 1935, Alfred Hitchcock film. The film is about Richard Hannay(Donat), who is falsely accused of killing a woman, after her body is discovered in his home. Unintentionally getting tangled up in espionage, Richard tries to prove his innocence but no one believes him, especially a woman named Pamela(Carroll). At first, Pamela attempts to get him arrested; believing he committed the crime but soon realizes he is innocent. It's a great suspense film but not a favorite of mine. I think the beginning of the film is a tad too slow for my liking but I did like the playfulness between Donat and Carroll. They were electrifying together in this film. I honestly haven't seen many of Donat's films but I loved him in this film. I loved when he was sarcastically telling Madeleine of his past crimes. That was utterly hilarious.


Review for Tomorrow: Lifeboat(A Re-Watch!)

No comments: