Sunday, June 13, 2010

365 Movies: Laura Review


Laura stars Dana Andrews, Gene Tierney, Clifton Webb, Vincent Price, and Judith Anderson in this 1944, Otto Preminger film. Detective Mark McPherson(Andrews) investigates the murder of Laura Hunt(Tierney) and tries to unravel the mysteries behind her death. The suspected and witty friend of Laura, Waldo Lydecker(Webb) tries his hardest to pin other people as the suspect, but each time, he makes it more obvious. This is a superb, smart, and very thrilling film noir. It leaves you curious, what will happen from start to finish. So many questions came through my mind, when I first saw this, and even though I saw it again, it still left me wanting more. It's a brilliant film, with an utterly amazing cast to boot. Gene and Dana are so lovely to watch, and I really wish they were in even more films together, because they were wonderful. As the squeamish and often times, he comes off as a Momma's Boy, Vincent was deliciously fun to watch!


Review for Tomorrow: The Big Parade

1 comment:

Sally said...

I really need to see this movie.