Sunday, January 16, 2011

Susan Hayward Month


Before, you jump to the conclusion that I had forgotten about poor little Susan Hayward, you are wrong. For the past couple of weeks, I've been working on finishing a particular season 1(it's Sons of Anarchy; not my type of show at all! lol) and I wanted to finish that up first, before I started my posts on Susan. I have about three more episodes left, and then for the rest of this month, I will be posting on Susan.

When I originally came up with this series, I was going to do actors/actresses that I would randomly pick and just talk about their career, etc. Many of them, I knew but now I've decided to embark on a different route. For these posts, I'm going to be introducing myself to an actor/actress, that I'm not too familiar with. My first pick was Susan Hayward and with hearing so much good about her, I'm excited to watch and learn more about her. The only movies of hers, that I have seen have been "I Married a Witch" and "Beau Geste", with her roles in those films, being very small. So I'm expanding my interests and opening up my views, so that I'm able to learn about Old Hollywood.


As for the reason as to why I'm watching Sons of Anarchy, its because I'm trying to watch a different series each month. My older brother asked me, a while back to watch it, and I kept delaying it, but now I'm watching it. It's actually not that bad, a bit foul mouthed for my taste, but overall it's a pretty good show. Don't worry, next month's show is lot tamer, it's The Mary Tyler Moore Show. :)


So don't fret, a post will be on its way, within a couple of days.

3 comments:

Artman2112 said...

excellent choice imo! i am a huge Susie fan and have blogged about her many times (take a look if you wanna see a barage of pics and tons of info!)
i know you didnt ask for recommendations but i'll leave a few anyway in case you're not sure what to view! these are what i consider essential Susie and damn good films in general :D

Smash Up! Story of a Woman
House of Strangers
Canyon passage
They Wont Believe Me
I'll Cry Tomorrow
My Foolish Heart
The Lusty Men
Rawhide
I Want to Live!
and... the Conqueror, simply because it is so wacky and cheesy!

there are a bunch of others but any 2 or 3 of those is a great place to start! hope you enjoy getting to 'know' Susie :D

Clement Glen said...

My Mum adored Susan Hayward and had loads of signed fan pics of her. Living in England they used to be sent from Hollywood, which made them all the more special.

Artman2112 said...

just a heads up but you probly know already, TCM is having a Susie fest all day tomorrow inculding one of her best films, 'My Foolish Heart' which i dont think is on DVD yet.