Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What's Happening to Little Old Me....

Hey everyone! Sorry I've been absent. I have so many spurts of not going on the Internet but as soon as I get my own laptop, I'll be blogging a lot more. Aside from not blogging as much, I've been working steadily on my school work(where I just got an 99% and 95% in my last classes!) and I've been working very hard on gaining weight and staying healthy(which I feel I'm accomplishing!) So far I've gained 8 pounds, which I'm super happy about but I'm determined more than ever to gain more weight in order to be at a healthy weight.

 Oh just in case I forgot to tell you guys why I'm so determined in gaining weight, it's because I was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease. Before I was diagnosed I would get these severe stomach pains that caused me to be in the ER six times last year from March to May. I've always been very very thin and I couldn't ever figure out why I couldn't gain weight until my diagnosis. I now am avoiding ALL gluten products and anything at all with traces of wheat in it and I think I'm doing  a fairly good job of it. Before I was diagnosed I weighed about 102 pounds at 5'5 and now I weigh 110 pounds!!! I'm slowly getting there but I know that I can do it!

The best part is that I have so many people in my life who are so supportive about new food diet and they will even try gluten free foods with me. My older brother's girlfriend made me a whole batch of gluten free Macaroni and Cheese and it was absolutely delicious and she is more than happy try different gluten free foods. My Mom is going completely gluten free and will try every gluten free food out there, regardless of what it is. Another group of people that are extremely supportive are my absolute closest friends- Kate, Casey, Millie, and Sarah! You guys have been so amazingly supportive to me and I couldn't have better friends! :) I'm so thankful for all of these people in my life. They are all so amazing.

So I just wanted to let you guys know that I am still here and once I have my own laptop, I'll probably be blogging every couple of days. So I'll see you all soon......

3 comments:

Sarah Mann said...

YAY! :D I'm so happy for you!

*<]:D
(smiley with a party hat. I am so determined at making this emoticon famous. lol.)

Terence Towles Canote said...

I'm glad to hear you're gaining weight! I don't have coeliac disease, but I've always had a super hight metabolism making it hard to gain weight. I can fully sympathise with you!

VKMfanHuey said...

...great to see you back!!!

And good luck with the weight gain effort...gluten is pretty bad stuff overall...I've been on Atkins for years now, and it is rough if I ever 'slip'...it just FEELS better to not have carby stuff! Of course, I have no issues with weight gain...

Looking forward to some great posts, as usual!!!

KIG, Nicola!!!

VKMfanHuey
---