When I first started liking old movies, there was a handful of actors and actresses that I couldn't stand. It's not that I hated them(because frankly I think hate is too strong an emotion ) but you wouldn't see me, watching any of their movies without being annoyed with them. I couldn't hate an actor or actress because first I didn't know them at all and second it was their acting that I didn't like and not their personality. Here are just a few of the actors and actresses that at first glance I couldn't stand but I now love.
1. Humphrey Bogart- The first time I saw him I was shocked to think that he was one of the greatest actors but I've grown to love his movies and consider him a favorite.
2. Katharine Hepburn- I couldn't stand the way she had such a snobby attitude when I first saw her in her movies. When I read the biography on her, my views on her changed a lot. She seemed like a strong and independent woman who didn't let any man get in her way.
3. Bette Davis- Another woman I couldn't stand because of her independent personality. I'm glad I was wrong.
4. Joan Crawford- What the heck was up with her eyebrows was my biggest concern when I should have been paying attention to her acting.
5. Gene Kelly- I actually went back and forth on him because of his attitude during "Singin' in the Rain" but I love him.
I'm quite happy that I was wrong about all of them. I love them all and each have a different personality that is shown throughout their films. By the way, I was just kidding about Joan Crawford's eyebrows. haha