Monday, December 15, 2008

20 favorite actresses Meme

I had seen around the other blogs that they were doing their 20 favorite actresses and I thought I would join in on the fun with my own list.Thanks to everyone else who had one including Another Old Movie Blog and Self-Styled Siren. So here are just 20 actresses that I just can't get enough of.

Claudette Colbert



Myrna Loy

Dorothy McGuire

Joan Fontaine

Bette Davis

Marilyn Monroe


Audrey Hepburn

Joan Crawford

Janet Gaynor

Jean Arthur

Katharine Hepburn

Priscilla Lane

Elizabeth Taylor

Ginger Rogers

Jennifer Jones

Judy Garland

Natalie Wood


Greta Garbo



Grace Kelly

Loretta Young

And one final lady who is just wonderful-

Greer Garson


Seeing as I don't know many people, I'm only going to tag three people and they are Genevieve (Classic Film Oasis), Sarah (Cinema Splendor), and Caitlin(Fire and Music)

A little off the topic of this post, I just wanted to say how sad it is to hear that Van Johnson and Bettie Page have both passed away. May they both rest in peace!

5 comments:

Abe Lucas said...

Interesting that you picked Jennifer Jones, whose legacy hasn't been appreciated. She's an actress I haven't seen that much, but someday I'll probably go koo-koo for her work. I guess after Barbara/Bette/Joan/Kate, everyone else has to fight for the leftovers.

Nicole Newcomb said...

I've seen her in just a handful of movies but each of her performances were amazing. I haven't seen nearly enough of Barbara to really say she's a favorite but she is in a favorite movie of mine- The Lady Eve.

Sarah Mann said...

Thanks so much for tagging me! I'm working on my list as I type ;D

Genevieve said...

Thanks for the tag! Love your list, by the way.

Anonymous said...

Perfectly beautiful post, thanks so much!