The holidays are approaching and the weather is getting colder and colder, so I thought to keep me occupied I'd do a little Old Hollywood Wish list. It's all out of fun and you all can join in!
1. TCM'S Leading Couples, sure they don't have Dana Andrews in it but I love learning more about Old Hollywood. Bonus- Janet Gaynor and Charles Farrell are featured in the book.
2. Leonard Maltin's Classic Movie Guide(No Picture Available)- Another book to add to the library plus I'm eager to see what movies are included in the book.
3. 501 must see Movies-
Every time I see this book at Border's, it's when I'm leaving the store. I wish I had seen it, when I was walking in.
4. Joseph Cotten's Autobiography- "Vanity will get you Somewhere" Sure it isn't available to buy in stores but the Internet always helps. I love hearing people's side of things and I'm a huge fan of Joseph's, so it would be interesting.
5. Myrna Loy's Autobiography- "Being and Becoming" Just like Cotten's, Loy's autobiography isn't available in stores but again you can find it on the internet. The only problem is it's about $25.00 while Cotten's you can get for $1.99 on Border's. Cotten's is a paperback and Loy's hardcover.
6. Midnight(1939) starring Claudette Colbert, Don Ameche, and John Barrymore. I saw this movie in June and I thought it was one of the funniest that I'd ever seen.
7. The Lady Eve(1941) starring Barbara Stanwyck and Henry Fonda I have no idea why I can't find this in movie stores but I know it's available on the internet
8. The Ox-Bow Incident(1943) starring Henry Fonda and Dana Andrews
9. The Best Years of Our Lives(1946) starring Fredric March and Dana Andrews
10. Rebecca(1940) starring Joan Fontaine and Laurence Olivier
I do have so much more but those are just a few of the items that I'd love to own.