I so wanted to do the 10 random things about me you didn't know about me because I thought it would be so much fun. I just couldn't wait to be tagged, so I thought why not just do it. So yeah, this whole blog is on random things you didn't know about me. Enjoy!
1. Before I became an Old Movie Fan, I was the biggest fan of Harry Potter. Seriously I was and in fact, I still am. I have read all of the books and have seen all of the movies. I am so excited to see the newest installment that's coming out in mid-July. Also I had an enormous crush on the guy, who plays Ron Weasley - Rupert Grint. I don't have a crush on him anymore but that crush lasted from when I was 12 yrs old to about 16 yrs old. It was quite serious... hahaha.
2. I was an absolutely horrible, no good student. I couldn't pay attention for the life of me and when it was time to do my homework, I usually screwed up on it. That was until my last year of high school, I did such an amazing turn around, that I was an honor roll student that year. I was so darn happy about that. =)
(Okay so I wasn't nearly as bad as that but I was pretty close!)
3.When I was growing up, My Dad would always try to test me on what singer/group was on the radio. It wasn't Frank Sinatra or Bing Crosby that I was on the radio, it was music from the 1960's to the 1990's. I could name Queen, The Beatles, Pink Floyd and The Styx, and those are just naming a few. Even my brothers James + Matt couldn't name the bands or singers as well as I could and they liked the music more than I did. As I got older though, I completely forgot who sung what song and I know my Dad misses those days when I could name them.
4. I absolutely love to hula hoop. When I was in elementary school, during music class the teacher would have us hula hoop during the music and I was awful but I practiced a ton and now I adore doing it. Plus it's a great exercise!
5. When I was younger, my Mom would read the classics to me and in fact, we still do read the classics. One of my absolute favorite authors is Jane Austen. I am now getting back into the habit of reading her novels but let me tell you I enjoy them so much. I think my favorite one that I've read is "Pride and Prejudice". The same with Harry Potter, I love the Jane Austen movie Adaptations. My favorite of the movie adaptations is "Northanger Abbey"(2007) and "Mansfield Park"(1999).
6. From 6th grade to 10th grade I was homeschooled with my four brothers. It was often very difficult for My Mom to be teaching five kids at four different grade levels, so eventually my two brothers James + Matt went into public school and my other two brothers, Jay + Alex had a teacher come out to teach them but that didn't work out, so they were put into a cyber school. As for me I was put into a cyber school, and that's where I struggled the most but eventually I succeeded and I ended up graduating with honors. :)
7. On my Dad's side of the family, I'm a distant cousin to Winston Churchill. I adore reading about him and his incredible efforts during WWII. That also would mean that I'm related to his daughter, Sarah who had a small movie career including the film "Royal Wedding", in which she played Fred Astaire's love interest.
8. I rarely cry over a celebrity's death but last year, I was balling like a baby when Paul Newman passed away. The entire day was awful because anytime I thought of him, I would cry. I cried like I knew him personally. When news reports were going around before he died, that he had cancer I just couldn't believe it. Thinking of Paul Newman having cancer was frightening and I would often tell myself, that he was perfectly fine and it was all hurtful rumors. Unfortunately it was true but thankfully, he is no longer in any pain. RIP PAUL NEWMAN!
9. When I was about 3 months old, a piece of glass got into my eye. Of course I don't remember anything about it but my Mom says that one single tear of blood dropped down my face. I now have an itsy bitsy scar on my eye, that you would have to see really close-up. It doesn't affect my vision whatsoever and I'm not upset or bothered by it at all. I actually think it's pretty cool. lol
10. I have moved several times in my life from Bristol, to Fairless Hills, to Joliett, and finally to Harrisburg. I know that there are a couple more places that I've lived but I'm sure my Mom knows.
So there you have it, several random facts about yours truly. I hope you weren't too creeped out by it. Haha if you want to do this but haven't been tagged consider yourself tagged then and have fun with it!