Thursday, July 2, 2009

Double Take

Sometimes when I'm watching a movie, I sometimes get an actor or actress mixed up with someone else. When I am watching the movie, I'm always thinking that the other actor/actress, so could do the role. I often get confused because of that and that's why I made a small list of people that I sometimes have to take a double take with. Here they are....

Brian Aherne






Brian Donlevy



Frank Gorshin and Richard Widmark Seriously when I was watching "That Darn Cat", a few months ago, I kept thinking wow Frank sure could play a Richard Widmark type of character. It's quite funny though, because both played many bad guys in their careers.

A couple of days ago, when "Pride and Prejudice" was on, I turned it on and got all excited when I thought I saw Marsha Hunt but actually it was Maureen O' Sullivan. I loved that the two of them played sisters in that film because if Marsha wasn't all dressed up to look like the book reading, shy sister, then I would have been lost for good. lol



Anyone you have to take a double take with?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brian Donlevy + Warner Baxter
Dame Mae Witty + Mae Robson
Millie Perkins + Jean Simmons

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I can think off of the top of my head :)
There were tons when I started liking classic films, though!

(Funny we both have trouble with Brian Donlvey!)

Rupert said...

These are really great. I don't really get these confused but Frank Gorshin and Richard Widmark, they could have been brothers. My only addition would be interchangeables Raymond Burr and Laird Cregar.

Rupert