Saturday, December 26, 2009

365 Movies: I Met Him in Paris Review


I Met Him in Paris stars Claudette Colbert, Melvyn Douglas, and Robert Young in this very goofy screwball comedy from 1937. The film is about a woman, who is about to spend two weeks in Paris and leave her beau in the States and live life freely for a bit. While in Paris, Kay(Colbert) meets two men-- George(Douglas) and Gene(Young), who both are interested in her. One of them, is married but hides the truth from Kay until the end, when she accidentally bumps into his wife. The other, is a sarcastic writer who tries to woo her with his charming ways. I absolutely loved this movie!!! The rivalry between George and Gene was an absolute delight, they were so cute together as a team. The film really belonged to the two of them. There were many laugh out loud moments in the film and I really couldn't help but enjoy the film. The other thing, I loved seeing was Lee Bowman and I loved that he was just 23 years old in the movie, how cute!! He was the youngest in the group of men!! Lol!


Review for Tomorrow: Boys' Night Out

2 comments:

Sally said...

Great post! I've been wanting to see another Claudette Colbert comedy (I've seen Midnight and It Happened One Night). I've now added this one to my queue and I can't wait to see it!

Laura said...

My favorite thing in this film was watching Claudette Colbert and Melvyn Douglas ice skating -- they looked really good. :) The location filming was beautiful, too.

Best wishes,
Laura