Friday, December 25, 2009

365 Movies: A Christmas Carol Review


A Christmas Carol stars Reginald Owen, Gene Lockhart, and Kathleen Lockhart in this Christmas classic. The film is about an elderly who resents the happiness that others, feel during the Christmas holiday and shows his dislike and hatred towards everyone until the three spirits visit him and things completely change for him. I haven't seen many versions of this but I have read the book and the movie is a tad off from the book. There are a lot of scenes, that were added to the movie, that wasn't in the book. I absolutely love the story of A Christmas Carol and it's most definitely a classic in my head. I loved seeing each spirit come to visit him- from past, to present, to future spirits, it's so very intriguing. I would be utterly fascinated to see my own version of A Christmas Carol, it would definitely be fun to watch. Reginald was marvelous as Scrooge but I'm very excited for next year, to see Alastair Sim as Scrooge.



Review for Tomorrow: I Met Him in Paris


Again, Merry Christmas!!!!!

No comments: