Monday, December 21, 2009

365 Movies: Meet Me in St.Louis Review


Meet Me in St.Louis stars Judy Garland, Mary Astor, Margaret O' Brien, and a gazillion other talented actors and actresses, that I greatly enjoyed watching. The film is about a family, living in St. Louis during the early 1900's and what their lives are like through the seasons. Everything about this film is wonderful- from the songs, to the acting, to the storyline, nothing is out of touch. This is probably one of my favorite Judy films and she really shines in it. She is so delightfully charming throughout the entire film, that it's hard to not like her. My favorite song that Judy sings, is probably "Have yourself a Merry little Christmas", every time I hear her sing that song, I get chills. That song is utter brilliance and I could listen to it, every December. Aside from Judy, Harry Davenport and Leon Ames were absolutely great to watch! Margaret O' Brien was as cute as usual and I adore the part, when she and Judy sing "The Cake Walk", it is too adorable for words. This is a definite recommended movie, if you haven't seen it, go see it now. You won't regret it!


I leave you with Judy singing ''Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas", Enjoy!








Review for Tomorrow: Miracle on 34th Street

6 comments:

Terence Towles Canote said...

I've always Meet Me in St. Louis. It is definitely one of the all time great musicals.

Kim said...

Love this movie and this scene. :)

Richard Hourula said...

Every year around this time i say I'm not going to watch it because it's not really a Christmas movie. Every year around this time I watch it anyway and love it.

Unknown said...

It really is a great movie, I only saw it recently and loved it! Margaret O'Brien is such a cutie pie! :)

btw I LOVE your new blog header!!!

Sarah said...

Meet Me in St. Louis is my all-time favorite musical. Which is saying something since I am not really into musicals.

Dotty said...

I seem to remember a sequel or another movie that continued the story. But I can't find anything to verify my memory. One daughter goes to work at exposition for French Pavillion, second daughter befriends Frenchman in charge (Louis Jordoun) and when staging arrives broken suggests he create a Parisan Cafe scene. Any suggestion?