Wednesday, December 23, 2009

365 Movies: Wait Until Dark Review



Wait Until Dark stars Audrey Hepburn, Alan Arkin, and Richard Crenna in this 1967 thriller. The film is about a blind woman, who is unknowingly mixed up with a group of men, who are looking for a doll that is filled with heroin. The doll is hidden inside the blind woman's apartment, and the three men are determined to get the doll but Susy Hendrix isn't going down without a fight. Seriously, it's difficult to pick which actor was my favorite because they were all perfect. Richard Crenna, Alan Arkin, and of course Audrey impressed me to no end.... especially Alan. He scared the living daylights out of me, there is no saneness in a man like that, he was absolutely terrifying to watch and my heart was pounding so loudly, when he was terrorizing Audrey's Susy. It's so interesting how Alan Arkin's character plays upon her fears and terrifies her to death. This was such a scary film and if I were in that situation, I'd probably die of fright.





Review for Tomorrow: Christmas in July

2 comments:

KC said...

That ankle-grabbing moment still scares me--even though I've seen this movie so many times. I love everyone in this movie, but Alan Arkin is seriously good at being sleazy. He had the perfect silken voice for that role!

Sarah Mann said...

Yes, that ankle thing. OMG I MUST'VE JUMPED 10 FEET OUT OF MY SEAT

Seriously, this is one of the greatest thrillers to grace earth. (haha that was creepy) but I LOVE this movie to no end!