Wednesday, January 13, 2010

365 Movies: Small Town Girl Review


Small Town Girls stars Janet Gaynor, Robert Taylor, Binnie Barnes, and Lewis Stone in this absolutely delightful 1936 film. The film is about a young woman Kay Brannen(Gaynor), who is annoyed with her same old dull life until the unexpected happens, when she meets Dr. Robert Dakin(Taylor). I've seen this movie a half a dozen times and it's still as charming as it was, the first time I watched it. It's such a delightfully sweet and endearing little film and it really highlights the talents of both Gaynor and Taylor. I remember when I first bought this movie, I re-watched this movie over, and over and over again. Janet and Robert were so cute together and they had the spark that many couples don't have. Jimmy Stewart has a small but memorable role as a love sick friend of Kay's, who's just about the dopiest man in the world but so adorable.


Review for Tomorrow: Hot Enough for June

No comments: