Saturday, May 1, 2010

365 Movies: Steamboat Bill Jr. Review


Steamboat Bill Jr. stars Buster Keaton, Ernest Torrence, and Marion Byron in this 1928 film. The film is about William Canfield Jr.(Keaton) whom after not seeing his Father, since he was a child, finally meets him. Both he and his Father(Torrence) are surprised with how one another are. William's Father is riverboat captain, whose business isn't doing so well, thanks to competition. His competition is a nasty old man and the two men are too stubborn to put aside their differences, even when they find out that their children are in love. This is probably my favorite Buster Keaton film. He's at his most excellent and funniest. The stunts are nerve wracking to watch but absolutely thrilling to see. I also think Marion Byron is my favorite BK girl. She's an absolute darling in the film.



Review for Tomorrow: Night Train to Munich

2 comments:

Lolita of the Classics said...

That film is adorable! I think I'm a little in love with Mr. Keaton, actually.

Miss McCrocodile said...

This wonderful Buster movie was shown free at an outdoor theatre during last year's Toronto International Film Festival. I posted quite a few photos on the "Buster's Gals" Facebook page.
Have you seen "Our Hospitality" yet? It's another one of my favourites. Buster was the best!