Sunday, June 30, 2013

What's the point in trying?

I've been thinking and thinking why I've kept my blog around for so long without any activity, and quite honestly I don't really have an answer. I've tried on numerous occasions to write something but the desire dies almost immediately. I still have the same passion for old movies but when I want to express to other people, I get tongue-tied. I don't know what to say or how to express it. It also doesn't help that when I do write something meaningful in my posts, I seem to get only spam or a comment like "great job.... visit my blog!" It is very disheartening to see that so often and not get an actual comment anymore but I've decided to brush that all aside and write again. I 'm going to push myself to write on here and to not allow other's lack of commenting bring me down. This will be more for me than anyone else. If you want to read my blog kudos to you but if you don't it's just water off a duck's back, and I want let it bother me anymore. So here's to my blogging and less feeling sorry for myself.


See you all soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I check your blog every other day. I love old movies just as much as you do and I think that your blog is lovely. I hope that you continue to write on your blog, so I can read it!
Jo H.

FlickChick said...

Oh, honey, don't be discouraged! Ask yourself why you write. Comments are rewarding, but sometimes people are silently enjoying your work. have you ever thought of making a Facebook page for your blog? Or jointing NetBlog? It's just a way to reach a wider audience.

VKMfanHuey said...

...sometimes I have 'writer's block'...especially when doing the reviews for GingerFilms... but don;t get hung up on doing 'a post every three days' or whatever... for one thing, it's summer...and blogs traditionally 'slow down' this time of year... but just write what's on your mind, not even necessarily about classic films.

It does seem that Facebook is a lot more 'direct' than blogs at this point... but there's still a place for blogging...

Keep it going! And have a great Independence Day Weekend!!!

Hu
---