Saturday, July 13, 2013

TV took my life away.... and they can have it!! I surrender!!!

I will be the first to admit to you and anyone else out there that I am crazy obsessed over certain tv shows. I'm not exaggerating this... I really mean it! Sometimes I can't sleep or work because I just can't wait to watch more!(Okay that might be a little of an exaggeration.. just a little!) Let me explain to you to what I mean by being crazy obsessed. Just a couple of months ago, I thought I'd give a particular show a try because I heard so much buzz about how good it was. Well it was good alright... and then I watched season after season after season until I finally caught up. Wanna know what show it was??? Mad Men! Funny enough, I had bought the first season a long time ago but never had any urgency to watch it until a couple of months ago. I love everything about that show! The drama! The characters! The storylines! The time period!(Hello!!!) I'm so happy I decided to finally give the show a chance because now I would definitely consider it as one of my favorite shows. I could go on and on and on about how much I love the show and how much I love Peggy and Pete but I don't want to tire you guys out with that show alone.

The other show that I have become crazy obsessed with is Parks and Recreation. Again I bought the first season a while ago but unlike Mad Men, I watched that one right away. I liked it but I didn't love it until I decided to watch the 2nd season and I was blown away by how much I truly loved it. It only took me a matter of a few months to catch up to the current season and I'm not embarrassed by how many episodes I've seen in a day. I'm actually proud of it.(Okay... I'll admit it, I've watched like 4.... no wait... 5 episodes.... no 6 episodes in a day!) Some of the characters in the show may be out there but they are relatable and they are hilariously funny! I've known people like Andy(who aren't the brightest bulbs!) and people like  Ron(who always seem so uptight but are actually very lovable people!). My absolute favorite character from the show without a doubt in my mind is LESLIE KNOPE! I love everything that her character stands for and I love that she won't back down from her beliefs and convictions. But do you know what the best part of the show is????? Mr. Ben Wyatt!! Okay I lie... Leslie Knope is the best but coming in second(very close behind I might add!) is Ben. Ben is the quintessential nerd and I absolutely love it! He'll have forever long conversations about Star Trek or Game of Thrones(which neither show I've ever seen but I really do want to!) and you can just see the passion he has for what he's talking about. If  I ever met a real Ben Wyatt, I'd probably just stare at them for a good 20 minutes without saying a word. I'd just be in awe of them. I can't help it.. I LOVE nerds or dorks... whatever you choose to call them. Okay so I know I said that Leslie was the best part of the show, but without Ben as her main squeeze, she'd only be 95% awesome. They go together like peanut butter and jelly! I love them more than... Nick and Jess from New Girl! I can't believe I said that but it's completely true!


Okay.. I know I know I know I've been rambling for quite a while now. I guess you can see the passion I have for these two shows now!

Until next time!

1 comment:

Millie said...

This is so me. I watch TV shows until they are over or until I physically can't handle it anymore. It's so bad. haha