Monday, May 4, 2009

Dancer #5 Ann Miller


Ann Miller is the last for Dancers' week but it doesn't mean I could write anything less of her. Ann Miller was a tap dancing phenomenon. Her ability to tap dance was an art in itself. What made Ann so different from the rest of the gang was her exactness and determination in style. In practically every movie, she was in, her dancing was always so precise and quite an amazing thing to watch. Watching her dance, is a spectacular to encounter and if you have never gotten the chance to see a movie of hers, I'd recommend for you to go see one soon.





Even when Ann Miller was a young star in Hollywood, you could see her star potential through her dancing. I am nearly always in awe, when I watch her dance because she does it so well. Now I'm not taking away from any other dancer, but Ann had something that the dancers could never have. She showed such style within her moves and a sparkling personality to add as well.




If you ever noticed with Ann, she is always smiling when she's dancing even if she were in extreme pain, there was always a smile on her face. She hid away any fear and sadness she may have felt and put on a smile and made you really believe, that what she was doing, was something she was crazy about and that she absolutely loved doing it. That is dedication for you, don't you think?



Ann Miller's talent as a dancer is often overshadowed by more well known dancers such as Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Though her popularity is in a smaller size than the previously mentioned, she is a dancer to be reckoned with.




Movies of hers I would recommend-
On the Town
Kiss Me Kate
Easter Parade
Small Town Girl
Stage Door





Best Partner- Fred Astaire







So that concludes Dancers' Week for you, I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Sorry that it took me so long to write this up but I've been so darn busy lately and haven't been able to get on much. I will be writing up the results for the last poll up either today or tomorrow. I hope that you all had a splendid weekend and Happy 80th Birthday Audrey Hepburn!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post Nicole! I haven't seen any Ann Miller's films, but I know she's wunderbar, thanks to you. And also, I love that shot of her in the black and yellow.

PS: I haven't been on here in a while; I really missed your blog. =D