Sunday, June 27, 2010

365 Movies: Honeymoon Review


Honeymoon stars Shirley Temple, Franchot Tone, and Guy Madison in this 1947, William Keighley film. Nearly 18 years old, Barbara(Temple) heads to Mexico, to meet up with her beau(Madison) in preparation of getting married. The only problem is, the two hardly know one another, but for some odd reason, they want to get hitched anyway. Trying to find her beau and slightly lost, Barbara meets David(Tone), an older and quite an uptight American, who tries to reunite the young lovebirds, but isn't having the best luck in the world. It lacked so much in this film. The script is terrible and the scenes between Tone and Temple are more than slightly disturbing. I have so many things to say, that I didn't like about this film, but I don't want to make this post any longer, than it needs to be. Even at the "old" age of 42, I still found Franchot to be very handsome and witty, but he just should not have been put in this movie. Shirley, while cute, lacks any ability to draw me in. She was so miscast in this! Guy just looked so awful, playing the fiancee, and it saddened me, to see him play such a stupid character. Definitely, I would recommend skipping this!


Review for Tomorrow: The More the Merrier(A Re-Watch!)

1 comment:

A said...

I thought the pairing odd, too. Shirley was a great child actor, but not as great as an adult actor