Sunday, July 4, 2010

365 Movies: Penelope Review


Penelope stars Natalie Wood, Ian Bannen, Dick Shawn, and Peter Falk in this 1966 film. Penelope(Wood) is a beautiful young wife, who has a small problem- she just robbed her husband's(Bannen) bank. Trying to sort out her problems, Penelope goes to her love stricken analyst(Shawn), but he's of no use. It's a bubbly and funny romantic comedy, and I enjoyed it, just as much, the second time around. Natalie is so darling in this, and she has chemistry with every guy, she's in a scene with. She's marvelous! Though the story is quiet far-fetched, its just an all-around goofy film. You could say, it's one of my guilty pleasure films!


Review for Tomorrow: My Love Came Back(A Re-Watch!)

3 comments:

Sarah Mann said...

This is (I think) my favorite Natalie movie! :)

Irene Palfy said...

Sorry - my comment contained a very bad spelling.. :"(
Yes, I know I could have correct it instantly - so what?! ;"p

Here's what I wanted to write:

Peter Falk taught my in this picture how to make gum bubbles - my mother wasn't very grateful for that - I am still wondering why.. ;")

I love this movie - Natalie looks awesome!

Irene Palfy said...

I just give up - my English seems to be melting in the heat.. so I go and cry into my coffee..